BTC of Lincoln is committed to the provision of excellent clinical practice in the conduct of clinical research trials. The site is able to bring innovative treatment opportunities to Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut. This facility is part of the growing BTC Network which is dedicated to the advancement of science, the clinical research industry, and the well-being of our patients with attention to ongoing quality of care.
BTC of Lincoln is a clinical research facility led by Dr. James Whalen. The staff at BTC of Lincoln has extensive training and experience in conducting all areas of clinical trial research.
James Whalen, MD
Dr. James Whalen is providing leadership as BTC of Lincoln’s Medical Director. He is board-certified in Adult Psychiatry and is also a Certified Principal Investigator (CPI). Dr. Whalen completed his medical and psychiatric training at the Brown University School of Medicine and his Fellowship training at Harvard University in Forensic Psychiatry. Since 1993, he has continued to provide psychiatric care to patients in Rhode Island and is also licensed to practice medicine in Massachusetts and Connecticut. Dr. Whalen is a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, a member of the Rhode Island Psychiatric Society, and an international member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Currently BTC of Lincoln is seeking qualified patients for a number of study opportunities. If you have any of the following conditions, consider participating in a clinical trial at BTC of Lincoln. No insurance is required, and you also may receive compensation for time and travel.
To learn more and see if you qualify fill out the form below:
- MAJOR DEPRESSION
- MIGRAINE HEADACHE
- SMOKING CESSATION
- OVER ACTIVE BLADDER
See if you qualify for a study
BTC of Lincoln has many of the features Sponsors and CROs seek when selecting a research site. Some of our facility highlights include:
Quality Assurance Program
Precise project and staff management- GCP Training, HIPAA compliance training, OSHA compliance, internal audits, established and effective SOPs (Volunteer Informed Consent, drug accountability, Adverse Event reporting, drug storage, Serious Adverse Event (SAE) reporting, and site responsibility log for all involved in each trial.) In addition, the research staff is qualified to perform numerous ratings and assessments including, but not limited to, the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV (Axis I and II), Mini International Neuropsychiatric Interview, Hamilton Depression Scale, Montgomery Asborg Depression Rating Scale, Hamilton Rating Scale for Anxiety, and Clinician’s Interview Based Impression of Severity.
Rapid Study Start-Up & Rapid Enrollment Ability
BTC of Lincoln is staffed with clinicians and research professionals at the top of their field, with decades of experience conducting clinical research. This involves all areas from screening and randomizing appropriate subjects to the timely submission of IRB materials. The staff at BTC of Lincoln continually conducts themselves in a manner consistent with their goal of maintaining a high standard of performance and professionalism. Rapid enrollment is possible because of the site’s extensive patient database. The staff can also quickly develop effective recruitment campaigns focusing on individual study needs.
Culturally diverse patient population with an extensive patient database.
Experience working with many central IRBs, such as Quorum, Schulman, Copernicus, and others.
Ample space for monitoring visits with access to internet, fax, and phone.
- Admission Area
- Secure storage with temperature control for investigational product
- Onsite examination rooms and interview rooms
- Fully equipped monitoring room with 3 docking stations
- EKG room
- Conference Room
- Onsite phlebotomy station
- Onsite processing laboratory
- Ultra-low freezer with electronic monitoring system for sample storage
- Automatic Cardiac Defibrillator Unit
- Dedicated Consenting Area
- Handicap Accessible
Other Facility Features at BTC of Lincoln:
- 24 hour emergency phone number
- 24 hour fax line
- Full CTMS integration with searchable patient database
- QA audit tools and procedures for FDA compliance
- Competency documentation tools for clinical trials staff
- IATA certified staff
- Two full-time certified study coordinators (SoCRA/ACRP)
- Human Participant Protections Education for all staff
- Ongoing review of clinical trial regulations and system adaptation
- Prompt turn-around of regulatory documents, contracts, and budgets
- One primary contact for all study-related issues
- Subject recruitment plan and execution
- Accurate results in a timely manner with data integrity
- Conference room for PSSVs and SIVs
- High enrollment of past studies
Get in touch
Where to find us
Direct Phone for Sponsors: 401-333-3435
Direct Phone for Patients: 401-305-5200
Direct Fax: 401-333-6434