BTC of New Bedford is a leading multi-specialty Phase II-IV clinical research site located on the South Coast of Massachusetts in New Bedford. The site’s experienced research investigators and staff are focused on providing exceptional service to both patients and industry sponsors. This facility is part of the progressive BTC Network which is set up to ensure the highest quality of care is provided to each and every patient. BTC of New Bedford is dedicated to the research and development of new therapies for a number of different conditions that will improve patient quality of life.
Learn more about clinical research by watching this video:
BTC of New Bedford is a clinical research facility led by Dr. Mohammad Munir. Our staff is committed to studying new treatments and improving current treatments for the benefit of people affected by these conditions.
Mohammad Munir, M.D.
Dr. Mohammad Munir is providing leadership as BTC of New Bedford’s Medical Director and serving as the lead principal investigator in multiple therapeutic areas. Dr. Munir has extensive experience in a variety of clinical trials including Bipolar, Depression, Anxiety, Addiction, Fibromyalgia, Migraines, Osteoarthritis and more. In addition to his work as a Principal Investigator, Dr. Munir is a licensed Massachusetts physician who serves as the Medical Director of Boston Neuro-Behavioral Associates, a private practice attached to BTC of New Bedford.
Currently BTC of New Bedford is seeking qualified patients for a number of study opportunities. If you have any of the following conditions, consider participating in a clinical trial at BTC of New Bedford. No insurance is required, and you also may receive compensation for time and travel.
To learn more and see if you qualify fill out the form below.
- MIGRAINE HEADACHES
- INTERMITTENT EXPLOSIVE DISORDER
- DIABETIC NEUROPATHY
- OVER-ACTIVE BLADDER
- EARLY ALZHEIMER’S
- SMOKING CESSATION
- AND OTHERS
See if you qualify for a study
BTC of New Bedford has many of the features Sponsors and CROs seek when selecting a research site. Some of our facility highlights include:
Quality Assurance Program
Precise project and staff management- GCP Training, HIPAA compliance training, OSHA compliance, internal audits, established and effective SOPs (Volunteer Informed Consent, drug accountability, Adverse Event reporting, drug storage, Serious Adverse Event (SAE) reporting, and site responsibility log for all involved in each trial.)
Rapid Study Start-Up & Rapid Enrollment Ability
BTC of New Bedford is able to complete budget negotiations in less than two weeks time. Rapid enrollment is possible because of the site’s large patient database. The staff can also quickly develop effective recruitment campaigns focusing on individual study needs.
Culturally diverse patient population with an extensive patient database.
Experience working with many central IRBs, such as Quorum, Schulman, Copernicus, and others.
Ample space for monitoring visits with access to internet, fax, and phone.
- Access to Beds
- -20° Freezer | -70° Freezer
- Electrocardiogram Machines
- Digital Vital Signs Monitors
- Fully Equipped Laboratory
- Refrigerators for Specimens
- Refrigerated Centrifuges
- Pharmacy/Drug Storage Room
- Conference Room
- Kitchen/Dining Rooms
- Monitoring Rooms
- Patient Examination Rooms
- Recreation/TV Rooms
- Admission Area
- Outpatient/Screening Area
- 12 Lead EKG
- Dry Ice
BTC of New Bedford has access to many other diagnostics such as
- Bone Mineral Density- DEXA scan
- CT Scan
- Diagnostic X-Ray
Other Facility Features at BTC of New Bedford:
- 24 hour emergency phone number
- 24 hour fax line
- Full CTMS integration with searchable patient database
- QA audit tools and procedures for FDA compliance
- Competency documentation tools for clinical trials staff
- IATA certified staff
- Human Participant Protections Education for all staff
- Ongoing review of clinical trial regulations and system adaptation
- Prompt turn-around of regulatory documents, contracts, and budgets
- One primary contact for all study-related issues
- Subject recruitment plan and execution
- Accurate results in a timely manner with data integrity
- Well trained staff – currently 5 Coordinators and 3 Principal Investigators
- High speed internet access with wireless capabilities
- High enrollment of past studies
- Open Saturday as needed